Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Friends Come In All Sizes...

In my previous post, I mentioned scouring thrift stores in search of knick-knacks to spray paint and use as shelf decor.  I'm a fan of monochromatic but brightly colored items, and lucked out finding this guy for $5 at the geese thrift store.

Oh hai. I'm a rhino.
The stamp on the bottom says Aldon Accessories Ltd, New York (made in Japan) 1973.  Some of these go for $25 or more on eBay, so I consider my $5 find a steal.

You put a hit out on the wrong rhino...
But he couldn't just stay boring, rough white porcelain.

Someone toss me a beach towel because my head is swimming.

But my stepdad's not mean he's just adjusting.
You want to tell me about The Rhino?
And here he is looking fabulous in my downstairs half bath.



I still think the best part of this adventure was the conversation with my husband:





No comments:

Post a Comment